A new roof installation not only ensures your home remains protected from inclement weather, it also gives you the opportunity to enhance its curb appeal. You can do this by picking a beautiful color for your roof shingles. Before making a final decision, however, there are some questions you’ll need to ask yourself. Sunrise Exteriors, the trusted roofing and windows company in the area, shares them here.
- Do shingle roof colors actually matter? Definitely! Your choice of shingle color, in fact, can affect a number of things. These include the overall look of your home (and your neighborhood’s) plus its thermal comfort and energy efficiency. That’s why–when picking a new roof color–it’s important that you do so wisely.
- How do I match my roof shingle color with my siding? If you want your home to stand out better in the neighborhood, your new roofing system should complement the siding color. Here are a few examples:
- A home with red-brick exterior, for instance, will match well with dark brown, gray, or black roof shingles.
- A beige or cream home, meanwhile, looks its best when paired with a brown, black, gray, green, or blue roof.
- A classic white home, on the other hand, can work with almost any roofing color–from black and green, to blue and gray.
- Should I still consider my home’s architectural style? Yes, you should. You’ll want a roof color that is traditionally associated with your home style. This not only adds to architectural accuracy, it also helps you avoid conflict with your neighbors and your local homeowners association. Check out these tips:
- Choose dark gray or black (in either solid or varying shades) for traditional homes, such as Colonial, Queen Anne, and Plantation.
- For homes with a rustic look, such as Cabin and Cottage, pair them with shingles in earthy, natural colors, like gray, green, black, and brown.
As a GAF® Certified Weather Stopper Roofing Contractor, Sunrise Exteriors offers high-quality GAF Timberline® and Designer Shingles. They are available in a wide selection of colors, textures, and thicknesses, allowing for many design possibilities. Plus, they can emulate the rich look and feel of authentic slate and wood shakes, so matching your new roof with your home is worry-free.
- How does roof shingle color affect my home’s energy efficiency? The fact is that light-colored shingles can reflect solar heat, making them a great option in areas with predominantly hot and dry climate. They can help cool your home naturally, which means less reliance on air conditioning. In colder regions, dark-colored shingles are best because they absorb heat better, and can help keep heating bills to a minimum.
Turn only to Sunrise Exteriors for a quality and extensive selection of GAF shingle roofing systems. You can also count on us for their professional installation. We proudly serve the areas in and around Kansas City, MO. Call us today at (816) 223-6524 or fill out this contact form to schedule your roof evaluation.